Hey, it’s May. I just rhymed. I CANNOT believe how fast this year is going by! It was just a year ago that I was anticipating what first year university would be like, and here I am, going into SECOND year — this makes me feel super old. Anyways, I wanted to make a post that isn’t UBC related ‘cuz it has been awhile — I might somehow ‘incorporate’ some aspect of UBC into this(briefly), after all, I’m a student there, and I’m supposed to brag about how great the school is(KIDDING! — although it IS pretty great).
I am an iPhone user, and therefore I get to distract myself with all these fancy apps! YAY. Oh, I just figured out how to incorporate UBC into this — about 75% of UBC students … are iPhone users(maybe a SLIGHT exaggeration, maybe). Here are a few of my ‘apps of the moment’…
- Instagram — LOVE LOVE LOVE. if you don’t have it, why don’t you!?!? It’s free – GO GET IT. I am basically OBSESSED with this app, as of recent. I didn’t care much about it before(although I did actually install the app MONTHS ago-what a hipster), but now I’m just uploading pictures like crazy and looking through other people’s pictures and all that. And I just get super excited when I see that someone likes my photos, yuuuup.
- Draw Something – I feel like A LOT of people have this one…. I know the majority of my friends do — that’s how we made it through midterms and finals. 😛
- Dot Line – this is a recent one, it’s one of those memory games, you have to remember the sequence the line gets drawn. –terrible explanation, but I don’t know how else to explain it.
- PicCal – It’s a picture calendar ! You put up a picture/day, kind of like a photo diary. I like the whole idea of looking back and reminiscing on what you did in a certain month.
- Shazam — I think this one’s pretty common…it’s really handy if you hear a song and you want to know what it is.
I am taking a few online courses during the summer, haven’t started them YET, but I will be starting them soon. I think summer courses aren’t that intense if you’re taking them online, besides you still get a lot of free time, and I would say that I have enough motivation to actually keep up with them. But I love all the free time I have now; when someone asks if I want to hang out, I don’t even need to think about it, it’s usually a yes, BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING TO DO! 😀 I think you need to go to university to be able to really appreciate summer vacation. All I do these days is drive around, visit people, read books; not textbooks, draw, listen to music, watch TV, idle my time away with iPhone apps, and etc.
Music – LALALALALALA
I must say, I was quite surprised at how well I kept up with music while I was away at UBC. I was HORRIBLE at keeping up with movies, when someone asked me if I wanted to go see a movie, I would have NO idea what they were talking about. But music, music is different. One of my favourite songs of the moment- Payphone – Maroon 5 ft. Wiz Khalifa.