Sooo these are the books that I will be needing for my First Semester/Term at UBC.
Courses that I am taking this term: Biol 112, Chem 121, Math 100, and Engl 110.
And I will just be mentioning the REQUIRED books. And I’m listing the prices right off of the UBC Bookstore website.
N= New Price
U= Used Price
R= Rental Price
BIOL 112 –
- Iclicker – N: $41.3o ~ U: $31.00 ~ R: $18.90 …(remember iclickers can be used throughout your university education…so it may be a better choice for you to either buy a new one, or a used one, instead of renting it.)
- PKG 6 PC CUSTOM BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE 2ND EDN VOL 1, 2 & 3 W/ MASTERINGBIOLOGY ACCESS CODE & SHORT GD TO WRITING – N: $159.75 (this is the only price listed on the website) ..and make sure that you get the RIGHT edition…it’d be pretty helpful to do that. 😛
- Iclicker – (check above)
- Chem 121/123 Lab Manual – this must be bought NEW : $35.20
- Custom Chemistry 121 Integrated Resources Pkg (Chirp) – N: $50.65 (so this one is a custom edition…and I wouldn’t be able to tell you whether you can buy this one off of older students or not….after all, I am just a first year 😛 )
- Pkg 2 Pc Calculus Early Transcendentals 7/E W/ Solutions Manual Single Variable – N: $150.35 (So yeah…this one is the 7th edition, in case you didn’t catch that.)
- OPTIONAL: Study Guide for Calculus Single Variable Early Transcendentals 7/E – N: $72.50 R: $32.65 (I know I said I wouldn’t put up the optional stuff…but this MIGHT be somewhat helpful? Maaaybe.. )
ENGL 110 – (this one varies depending on who your instructor is, mine is CHAPMAN)
- Cloud Atlas – N: $24.95
- Tracks – N: $17.99 ~ U: $13.50
- Sturdy Oak – N: $21.20
- Dracula – N: $16.40
- Turn of the Screw & In the Cage: N: $ 7.95
- Crisp – N: $17.95